|•||There is a 20 second delay before anything is seen on the display. Be patient.|
|•||At power-on time, this AT version of the Supersoft/Landmark ROMs is known to erroneously beep the speaker with a pattern that the user's manual (page 40/41) indicates "Cannot initialize monitor".|
|•||Some video cards will not work with this AT version of the Supersoft/Landmark ROMs.
The user's manual indicates a requirement for MDA (monochrome) or CGA video cards.
- My functional IBM MDA card does not work (no beeps, no display). My second functional IBM MDA card does the same.
- My IBM CGA card works.
- My IBM EGA card will display, but poorly.
- My unbranded clone MDA card works.
- My unbranded clone CGA card works.
- VGA cards do not work.
|•||On a 6 MHz 5170, the PROTECTED MODE CPU test takes 25 seconds to complete. Be patient.|
|•||On my fully functional IBM 5170 motherboards, the PROTECTED MODE CPU test does something odd. Three things happen:
1. On the speaker, I hear the error pattern for "Cannot initialize monitor".
2. If I am using an IBM CGA video card, I see what appears to be 'CGA snow'.
3. "1 FAILED" is written to the top line. (photo)
The PROTECTED MODE CPU test is then indicated as "PASSED", then testing continues.
|•||The Supersoft/Landmark ROMs even generate a display if there is no RAM on the motherboard. More information here.|
|•||The setting of SW1 on the 5170 motherboard does not matter.|
|•||No battery required.|
|•||Does not output POST codes to port 80h.|